Summer, so far, has been spectacular.
Of course, by this Seattleite’s standards, basically every day in my little corner of California is summer, so I use the term “summer” loosely to describe any of the incredible, warm-and-breezy, bright blue sky days over the past few months that are Northern California’s signature climate – but then again, I don’t live in one of the many coastal cities where the morning and evening fog cool everything into the 60s and frizz my hair into oblivion*, so I’m especially grateful for the dry weather.
Summer so far has included:
- a semi-impromptu trip to Tahoe
- a whirlwind/relaxing/rejuventating/just-what-I-needed weekend visit by my Fromma
- several trips to the beach with a dear friend and LD
- many long drives down the coast to several secret locals’ spots for dazzling Pacific Ocean views
- a celebratory trip to Idaho to visit my two dear friends
- sitting by a warm fire with a glass of red wine
- moon-seeking on my nightly walks
And this is just the beginning. I am grateful every.single.day.